Korean Style Cauliflower and Dandelion Pancakes
April 6, 2014
The main ingredients. Chop up the greens and cauliflower and toss them in a bowl with some vinegar and gochujang to let them marinate a bit before adding the flour and water. Finally the flour goes in to make the batter. A nice thick batter. Press the pancakes down in a hot pan After about 4 minutes, give it a flip. Crunchy, crispy, salty and delicious. I loved these pancakes. I ate 2 of them myself!
Korean Style Cauliflower and Dandelion PancakesFor: 2 Pancakes
- 1 Overflowing Cup Chopped Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dandelion Greens
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Scallions
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Gochujang
- 1/2 Tablespoon Korean Chile Flake
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Water More or less
- Mix the cauliflower, dandelion, scallion, vinegar, gochujang, and chile flake in a bowl with a pinch of salt and let marinade for a half hour, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile make a quick dipping sauce with some sesame oil, chile flake, scallions, and soy sauce. Mix the flour into the cauliflower mixture, then add the water as needed to form a thick batter. Fry in a frying pan on high heat for about 4 minutes a side to brown and cook through. Serve with the dipping sauce. Makes 2 pancakes.