Granola Sweet Potato Ravioli
July 15, 2013
Roughly chop up the granola to go inside and on top of the ravs. Sweet potat, parm, and granola for the ravioli insides. I havn't made ravioli in awhile and it was really enjoyable! Almost therapeutic. Some water goes down on the bottom layer to help everything stick. Press the pasta tight to get all the air out. Then the ravioli cutter goes to work. Laied out on a lightly floured sheet. To start the sauce, a little sausage, then some onion and butter in a pan. Let the onion get nicely browned before adding garlic. Then the cream goes in. Very gentley toss the ravioli in the sauce, being careful not to break any! These ravioli were pure comfort food. Creamy, crunchy, and deep deep flavors. The granola on the inside of the ravioli got a little soggy in a nice way, to add a fun chewey texture to the inside of the raviolis. the granola on top was still super crunchy which made for a fun textural contrast.The recipe for fresh pasta can be found here.
Granola Sweet Potato RavioliFor: 4 People
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Gatherers Gourmet "Squirrel Bait" Granola (rough chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parm
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Italian Sausage
- 1/2 A Large Red Onion (thin sliced into half circles)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Mix the filling ingredients until combined and butter is melted in.
- Make the pasta from the recipe linked above. Fill your ravioli before starting the sauce. Bring some salted water to a boil.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and cook in a hot pan with some oil until crumbled well and browned. Add the onions and butter and cook another 15 minutes to lightly brown the onions. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the cream and stir, lifting any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Drop the ravioli into the boiling water and cook only about 3 minutes until floating, being gentle not to break any. Remove the sauce from heat. Add the cooked ravioli directly to the sauce and stir well, again being gentle to not break any. Serve and top with some more chopped up granola.