Cheesy Mustard Mortadella Ditilini
June 22, 2014
Chopped up mortadella frying away in the pan. Cauliflower goes in next. Then the mustard greens. Make sure to wash these good because they can easily be gritty! The pasta goes in to the pan followed by the cheese. Nice, creamy, and salty. So tasty! The chunks of fried mortadella are like flavor blasts, but the creamy mustard sauce is really what makes this dish unique.
Cheesy Mustard Mortadella DitiliniFor: 4 People
- 1 Pound Ditilini Pasta
- 3/4 Pound Mortadella Diced into cubes
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower Broken and chopped into small florets
- 4 Cups Mustard Greens Chopped and washed well
- Splash Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard (or more to taste)
- 2 Cups Fontina Cheese Grated
- Bring salted pasta water to a boil. Drop the ditilini pasta. Fry up the mortadella. Add the cauliflower.. Cook until it starts to brown. Add the mustard greens. Cook 5 minutes until wilted. Strain the pasta when al dente and add to the pan. Add in a splash of milk and the mustard. Kill the heat and stir in the fontina cheese, a little at a time to avoid clumping.