A better Dark and Stormy
June 16, 2009
A tablespoon of grated ginger and a handful of mint leaves in the bottom of the pitcher. Fresh squeezed lemon juice. The mixture from the pitcher a little more than half way up a cup with ice. Fill to the top with soda water. Smooth, balanced, refreshing. Did you guys know ginger has the side effect of preventing vertigo and nauseous feelings? So if you drink too many of these, you wont get sick!!!**you will probably still get sick dispite the ginger if you drink too many of these.
A better Dark and StormyFor: 1 Pitcher
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Ginger
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint Clap it in your hands to "wake up" the flavors and oils
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Dark or Gold Rum
- 2 Tablespoons Simple Syrup (cup cane sugar, half cup water, cook low till sugar dissolved)
- Mix well and taste. Try and balance the ginger, lemon, and sugar flavors, adding more of one or the other if needed. Pour over ice half way up the cup and fill with soda water.