2008 in review
Seems like every blog is doing something like this, and here I am to jump on the bandwagon! First are my recaps, then Mandi has written a little something about her fave posts of the year. Hope everyone has a good new year and I will be back next week with some great pictures and food!
first comes my top 10 DELICIOUS posts.
1. Pork Belly Mac and Cheese
2. Short Rib Tagliatelle
3. Guiness Braised Short Ribs – Wow the top 3 are slow braised meat!
4. Sushi – I was impressed with how easy and tasty it was.
5. Thai “spaghetti and meatballs”
6. Lamb Vindaloo
7. Seared Tuna Taco
8. Fake Dim Sum
9. Chicken Gyro
These are my favorite posts all around that may not have been as tasty.
1. Pizza Week – Well this is just as tasty I suppose, but pizza week was definitely my favorite time of year! the link goes to the best of pizza week, the brick oven.
2. Beastie boys food lyrics – took me awhile but was fun to do.
3. Banana Leaves – Not very tasty at all but a lot of fun to cook and write!
4. Big Burgers
5. Tortellini - a family tradition I was glad to share with everyone.
6. Gnocchi – fun experiment.
7. Tomato Bites
9. Chicken Tuscany – complete with retro pics of us making the recipe a few years ago.
10. Fancy Dinner party – If only for thoes crazy ravioli.
11. Happy Thanksgiving – It was fun to hear about everyone!
Here are the people’s choice of top 10.
1. Pasttata – I’m still shocked by how many people have seen this in the past 2 weeks!
2. TV Chef Kitchen Quiz
3. Chicken Gyro
4. Breakfast Pile
5. Jello Shots - Congrats Mandi!
7. Pizza Week – Toppings
9. Brick Oven
10. Pork Belly Mac and Cheese
Now here is a word from Mandi —————————-
Scanning through a year’s worth of posts trying to narrow down my favorites was quite a difficult task. Sitting here now scrolling through all my favorites over the past year makes me reminiscent and happy. And pretty damn hungry too! I know seven is a weird number for a year-end countdown. But if you know me, then you probably know that i don’t like even numbers. So here i present my top seven posts of 2008!
Two of my favorite foods are pizza and raviolis. My number one post of the year is a post which combined my love for pizza and raviolis into one truly fantastic dinner.
Leftover Pizza Ravioli
I know some people might mock me for putting tacos in my top posts. But you know what? They make me happy when I’m sad and when I’m happy already, well they make me even more happy. I think the amount of joy that tacos have brought me over the year merits a place on my list!
Dumplings to me are little steamed presents filled with joy. I also like the more traditional dumplings of ground pork and scallions. But this post made my top seven because it was dumplings with an Italian twist! And the fact that we ate them smothered in homemade sauce… well that definitely didn’t hurt the situation.
This next post opened up a whole new world to me. When we started cooking Indian food I discovered how to take spices and magically transform them into something wonderful. Indian food to me celebrates spices like no other cuisine. And the naan… that pushes it all over the edge for me. With this post I was converted to a lover of Indian cuisine and i look forward to exploring their food more in the future!
I love all birthdays. Especially my own. I love this post because it was such a fantastic day. With Richie and Kim up to visit us for the weekend we had one of my favorite days on the island. The pool party was stocked full of people I love and great food all gathered round a grill and a pool. Which is just about as good as it gets in my book.
This is one of my favorites because I think it was one of the coolest looking meals we ever made. The concept was so much fun. We had fun making it and fun eating it.
Thai “Spaghetti And Meatballs”
My 7th and final post of my countdown (countup?) is a meal that brought tears to my eyes. Literally. I dunno if that is weird but I don’t care. The flavors were just so incredible that I thought I might die. And also i got to make lots of pastes which is my new favorite method of ingredient prep so it was not only a fantastic tasting meal, it was fun to make too!
Chimichurri Flank Steak and Paella Style Rice
Ok we’re done for now. See you next year!! Until then, what was your favorite post of the year?